equal amounts 1 onion, carrots + celery
3 cloves garlic for every 1 onion, finley minced
1/2 cup dry white wine
equal amounts cannelini beans and red kidney beans
1/2 large can tomato puree
pinch of rosemary
3 times as much oregano as rosemary
to taste salt and pepper
to adjust thickness chicken or veg stock
to taste romano cheese
cooked pasta #40 ditalini (DeCecco)
1. Saute in olive oil: onions, carrots + celery until onions are translucient. Add garlic and cook till golden
2. Add oregano, resemary, salt and pepper.
3. Deglaze with white tine and cook until alcohol is boiled off.
4. Add tomato puree and cook for about 3 minutes.
5. Take rinsed canned beans and puree half. add puree and whole beans to pot
6. Adjust thickness with stock
7. Add grated Romano cheese
8. Add pasta and cook for 3 more mintes.
9. Serve with extra romano cheese